Friday, November 28, 2008

First Pictures

Well I decided that I couldn't use Emmalee's blog for anything else because it was her blog...so here's our new family blog. And I do say family because Jon and I are very happy to announce that we are expecting again. Here are a few first pictures for you:






Oh...did I mention we are expecting TWINS! We are so excited! They are doing really good so far...our due date is somewhere around June 19 or 21st...they gave me the due date of the 21st but they are measuring around the 19th...so I'm going to chose the 19th because that's just 2 days sooner! And so today I can say that I am 11 weeks along...feeling okay but I'm very nauseous and tired. Up until last Thursday I was able to say that I haven't thrown up since 5th grade...well...I can no longer say that...and let's just say...I was not very happy about that! But I guess that's a good sign that everything is going good. We are doctoring down at Mayo again and feel very fortunate that we could get in with our doctor again. They'll watch us very closely and even though the chances are slim of another heart problem, they will do a echo on the babies at 2o weeks (or somewhere in there). But we are very hopeful that these two will be fine and that they will be happy and healthy! I still can't believe it sometimes...it is truly amazing. God has definitely blessed us and He is continuing to bless us. I know Emmalee would be happy to be a big sister! Well you all take care! I'll write more later! Thanks for letting me share our good news with you!

11 comments:

The Dales said...

Jon and Ali-
Let us be the first to say God is a great God!!!! Congrats...our prayers for you have been continual and we are excited about the answer!! WOW. I know little Emmalee is smiling down from Jesus' arms.
Love ya--The Dales

Brittney said...

Thanks Ali! I did see that... and I just added a post of my own.... man when you have good news its just so fun to share it!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Ali and Jon,
we are very happy for you!
aunt sue vh and family

Mrs. E said...

Congratulations!

Michelle M. said...

I am so excited for you guys! And twins! What an amazing blessing from God! My prayers are with you throughout this pregnancy. Looking forward to many updates!

The Athearns said...

We are beyond excited for you guys!!!!!!!! We have been praying for you daily and to see God bless you with not one, but TWO sweet babies is just amazing! Oh, and Ali, my mom wanted me to tell you that she has been "praying and praying and praying and praying" for you! ;) Hope you start feeling better as the second trimester begins soon. Love you so much!!!!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! God is soooo great!

Dixie said...

What an AWESOME God we serve! We have
followed Emmalee's blog and have kept you
in our prayers, so it is with great joy that we
received your news! Twins...double blessing!
We are happy for you! We trust that the
babies will be strong and healthy and that
you will soon be feeling better, too.

Joyfully,
Dixie and Maria

Courtney said...

Congrats! We will be praying for you & Jon & the babies! Wow...twins..what a blessing from God!

Joyce said...

Congratulations...
I'm so happy to hear that you're having twins. When I lost my baby back in May of 1997 I just wanted to have another since I lost one. I sent you an email a while back but I guess you never got it. Karen Newhard told me about you. I lost a boy due to a thyroid problem I had. I have two daughters now age 7 and 5. My name is Joyce Ryder. Just wanted to say Congrats! God be with you and family.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I agree, being nauseous, although a minor inconvenience, is a great sign. I used to insist on sparkling water when I felt urpy.

Carrie