Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Extreme Bedroom Makeover

No...it wasn't our bedroom...and no...this post really isn't about the babies! Can you believe it! I thought I'd actually blog about something else! Anyway...my in laws, Jim and Maralee, are going to be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary pretty soon so we thought we'd do something nice for them. Anyway, my sis-in-law Annette, came up with the idea and we all jumped on board. So we went shopping, picked out the paint colors, arranged for them to be gone most of the day (thanks Larry and Caryll), and we went to work. I wish I had pictures of the before but they are on someone elses camera...Jon forgot to take some with mine as I had to work at the salon when they started doing the room (but on a side note...I did bring out pizza when I was done working...that should count for something right!)...oh well...the finished product is the most important! Well Jim and Maralee got home about and hour before we were done so they had to wait patiently downstairs until we were done...and I think that was pretty hard for Maralee:) And the kids were so excited...it was equally as hard for them not to spill the beans about what their parents and aunts and uncles were doing upstairs. But here is the finished product:


Isn't it pretty! I love the blue that we picked out...and the bedspread has trees on it that are in brown tones so we accented in brown...I just love how it turned out...I want my bedroom done!
I think she was surprised...and I think she liked it ;)
Phew...a good response from Jim too! The only comment he made was that he thinks we've been watching too many of those home makeover shows! Oh...and Jon put a Barbie doll on one of the wood chests in their room...he didn't care much for that...but he didn't realize that it was just a joke!
All the kids with Nana and Papa!
Okay...on a side note....everything with the babies seems to still be going good...they are really starting to move now...in fact one of them just kicked me...that's always exciting to feel! Jon is getting anxious to feel them but so far nothing. Well...the other night I think baby B was flipping 'cause I got a hard rock at the top of my tummy so I told Jon to come quick...he did feel that and then it just disappeared...he/she must have wanted a new position! :) And then I did get diagnosed with gestational diabetes on Monday...I was pretty sure I'd get it again this time around and I was secretly hoping that they would just say that I did have it so that I wouldn't have to come back and drink anymore of that nasty sugary sludge. So...on to the diabetic diet...I can do it:) Have a great week!

3 comments:

Candie said...

Todd was telling us about the bedroom makeover. It turned out beautiful!! Is there anything that you guys need for the babies? Annette thought that you guys might need boy clothes. Email me and let me know.

Brittney said...

Great reaction pics! :) How fun!

Courtney said...

Love the room! When can you do mine?...J/K. So glad to hear that you & the babies are doing well! So have you started working on the babies room(s)? Have a great weekend!