Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Very Good Appointment!

Okay...I will start off with the good news first. There is not a third baby in there...still just two..whew! I think Jon was actually worried about this...at least on the way down to our appointment he voiced his concerns. I think it has something to do with the fact that I had told him a story about how this couple knew they were having twins...but then two weeks before she gave birth they discovered baby #3 in there as well. Well...we only have two...but they are two very healthy babies so far. So now I will get to the good, good news! Both hearts look perfect. There doesn't seem to be any problems...they could see all the parts of the heart very clearly so as of right now I don't believe we are going to do the fetal echo cardiogram...Jon and I don't see a need for it and neither does our doctor. But if ever in the future we do, it is still an option for us. Their heartbeats were good...154 for baby A and 146 for baby B...anyone have any predictions for us based on the heart rates? We were very good and did not find out the sexes...for a minute there I thought Jon was going to cave and want to know, but she turned the screen away when she got close to "the parts" and only the ultrasound tech knows (which she's probably forgotten by now!)...but motherly instinct still says it's a boy and a girl...we will see! And our ultrasound tech kept saying...oh...this looks like a cute baby...and this one is cute too. I told Jon that she had to say that...but she corrected me and said that even that morning during an ultrasound she did not say that to one couple! ha! We thought that was pretty funny! We are about half way done...my doctor told me that I was right in thinking that...he said it again that he likes it when twins come at 37 weeks and some come a little before that. Well our babies seem to be preparing to come a bit early as they are measuring bigger...baby A was 19 weeks 5 days (about 11 oz) and baby B was 19 weeks (about 9 oz)...according to my calculations they should only be 18 weeks 3 days and according to Mayo they should only be 18 weeks 1 day...so they are little porkers! That's okay though...rather have them a little bigger and healthier...this is so much different than Emmalee...she was always small and not much fluid...and these babies have always measured a little bit bigger and they have lots of fluid...praise God! The only drawback yesterday was that I had to do my blood glucose test and I failed! I knew I was going too...I just wish it wasn't so soon that I had to do it since now I'll have to be on a diet and I love my sugar:)...I told my doctor that there really wasn't a point to doing the 3 hour test and I'll just go on the diet...but he told me that there was and so I have to schedule that this next week...bummer. Now I have to get down one more of those sugary drinks...yuck! Does anybody else think that it kinda burns going down? Well I guess that's about it...all seems to be going fine...I'm continuing to get bigger and bigger....the top of my uterus should be at my belly button (if I was having one baby)...well mine is at least 4 inches higher than that...no wonder I already feel like I am 7-8 months pregnant! And I have officially gained just as much as I did with Emmalee...so I am well on my way! Nothing else is too new at the Feldman house. Our friends Darin and Tanya are coming up for a couple days this week so that will be fun! And after our appointment yesterday we got together with our friends Mike and Cayla and their kids...hopefully we get to see them one more time before they head back to Alaska. Well hope you all have a great week...and I'll leave you with a couple ultrasound pictures!





Baby A's profile...looks pretty cute...this one was a little more cooperative but still very squirmy...makes me a little nervous! Maybe I have two little Jon's on my hands! :)

Baby B's profile...just as cute! This one was the problem child when we were trying to find all the heart stuff...he/she kept moving and then decided to lay on it's belly...and this one is located more at the top so it was a little more difficult to get in there.
A meeting of the minds! Both of their heads were together at one point so we got a picture...these babies move so much...one minute baby A was breech the next head down...just as long as he or she is head down when it comes time for us to meet them!
Jon's favorite picture...both sets of feet...too cute!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations on two healthy growing babies! I'm so happy for you two...or four!

Candie said...

Awesome news!! Our babies will probably be born around the same time. I have to agree with you that you will be having a boy and a girl. How exciting! Have you picked names yet? Can't wait to see what they look like once they are born.

Anonymous said...

Ali!
I knew the appointment was this week, but I wasn't sure which day. We have been praying with our friends all weekend and they are so anxious to find out the results. I'm so thankful that everything went well. I can't wait to meet those little ones that are growing inside of you! You are in my thoughts and prayers often--love you two! I'll try to get on that phone soon.

-Chelsea

Brittney said...

Awesome pics! I've been showing the one with 4 feet at work! :) That's my favorite too!

Dorsey said...

Hi! I'm Meghan's mom, Meghan Hall (Sandera). Congrats on your twins, how exciting. We don't always understand God's plans for our life, but we can rest assured he does have a plan and His plan is better than anything we could imagine ourselves. Trust & Obey. God Bless!

The Swartys said...

2 boys, oh ya. I always thought christian was a good name, haha. it was great to talk with you the other night and fantastic to hear how things went. Love ya and talk with you later.

Meghan said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I cannot believe that you are waiting until delivery day to find out what you are having, you guys are brave!!! I was way too impatient and OCD to not know what we were having. Keep us posted. As you can see my mom is following your blog.