Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am Thankful...

  • For my husband! I am so blessed to have married Jon and to call him my husband. I know I wouldn't have gotten through these last two years without him. He is my best friend, the one I lean on, my cheerleader...well you get the point. I'm so head over heels in love with him that it's not even funny. I love him more today than I did on our wedding day. I don't know what I would do with out him and I tell God that on a daily basis :) And I also thank God that he never answered my prayers all those years ago when I prayed that I would marry all those other boys (you know the ones ladies...all those boys you had crushes on growing up)...and I know some of them are married now too and I would bet that they are glad that God didn't answer my prayers too! :)
  • For my job! With the economy the way it is I am so thankful that I have a dependable job and that my clients still need their hair done! I truly do have the best clients in the world and I am not just saying that! Thank you to all of you for sticking with me and for supporting me and showering me with love over these past years...you guys are the best!
  • For my family! I love you all and thank you for being there for Jon and I...not just through the hard times, but all the time. We are truly blessed! I can't wait to spend more Thanksgivings with all of you!
  • For food! Not just at Thanksgiving but all the time. You know...I always pray for my food before I eat but sometimes I have to admit that I kind of just go through the motions of it..."Lord thank you for this food...please bless it to my body." But when I really stop and think about it my prayers are definitely more grateful...I am so blessed to have a hot meal at every meal...and snacks in between! I definitely could probably go without a meal too! That would probably be good for me :) But I am also thankful for the spread at Aunt Pearl's I am going to have today...I am one blessed girl! Yum!
  • For my home! I am so blessed to own my home and have a warm place to come home to! I know that I may complain about it being small sometimes...so feel free to kick me in the butt when I say that! I love my little house and it has been the perfect place for Jon and I to make a home together!
  • For my friends! Again I'll say it...we have the greatest friends! And we are meeting new friends all the time! I have made some great friendships because of Emmalee, Owen, and Cooper and I will forever be grateful that we went through our trials because they did bring some amazing people into our lives! And for our long time friends...well...I love you guys! Thanks for all your love and friendship!
  • For scrapbooking supplies! That's right...I had to throw it in there...I must be thankful for it 'cause I sure spend a lot of my money on it! Plus...it really is a good hobby for me and I love to do it!
  • For my kids! I am so thankful that God blessed me with my children even if they couldn't stay with me. I thank Him for even allowing me the blessing of being pregnant and feeling my babies kick inside of me. I feel so blessed because I know that there are those out there that never got that opportunity and wanted it. Sometimes I don't think people really appreciate it the way they should or realize how awesome of an opportunity that they have been given. And I'm thankful for all the lessons I've learned because of my children and for the lives that their little lives have touched...they were truly special. And I can honestly say that my children are perfect!
  • But most of all I'm thankful for the HOPE that I have! I am so thankful that Jesus came to earth as a wee little baby and died on the cross for our sins at the young age of 33. Because of Him I have the hope of seeing my children again. I have the hope that I will be reunited with all my loved ones that have gone before me. I have the hope that this world is not the end...that I will live eternally with my Lord and Savior...and up there there will be no more tears, no more fears, no more pain, no more sickness...well you get the point. It will be perfect. I hope that you know the hope that I am talking about...if not...and you want to know...let me know...and I will share it with you. It's great! If I did not have the hope that I have...I would not be where I am today...I would not be as strong as I am...in fact I'm pretty sure I'd still be in bed and not writing this blog post.

Well...Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day! What are you thankful for?!? Oh...and another thing...my sis-in-law Britt has a blog and her question was who are the 5 people...living or dead...that you would like to have dinner with. I'm still trying to figure out my list but I think that will be a fun one to read the answers too...so hop on over there and give your list!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am very thankful for my precious daughter who makes my role as a mom pure joy!

Always praying for you,
Mom
XOXO