Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pretty Pretty Pictures & Jon's Birthday

So I thought I'd get on here and show you some pictures of all my flowers...I think I'm done as I have spent way to much moola on them already! But once I got started I just couldn't stop! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the wagon that I did out at the cemetery...I'll have to get one on here later! And then we also celebrated Jon's birthday this last weekend (May 30th)...he wanted to go to a big nursery here in the Twin Cities, where we picked out more plants and flowers! We also stopped by Fleet Farm (or for those of you in IL...Farm and Fleet) and picked up some seeds for the garden and a couple new bird feeders! And then we went out to eat at the Quarterback Club here in town. Big birthday plans! Oh...and we also planted our part of the garden out at the farm...kinda on a whim but we hadn't gotten out there yet and you need to get seeds into the ground if you want to have a harvest later...so we thought we'd better just do it! Then on Sunday we went out to eat with my parents and my mom made him a homemade carrot cake that had to weigh 10 lbs...it was really good and I don't even like carrot cake. That's about all that's new with us. As far as the adoption stuff goes we have all 4 meetings next week! That's just how it worked out! So it will be a busy week but at least we'll be done. Then we will just need to write our letter and get our photo book done! Wow! It's exciting! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers...we really appreciate it! Now on to the pictures...enjoy!



Emmalee's Wagon...full of flowers...again! Do you see the two little turtles in there? It's like Where's Waldo...look hard! I found them at Cub Foods last year and thought they were too cute to leave at the store...so they now make their home in Emmalee's Garden!

I just like this shot

Our neighbor, Bob, fixed my wheelbarrow from last year...it totally fell apart after I had flowers in it and started watering it. Isn't it cute:)

I just think this flower is so pretty...don't ask me what it's called though...that...I don't know.


My dairy box on my front step...it didn't turn out as cool as last year...oh well.


This is a metal trike that my mom bought for us to have in our yard in memory of the boys. A client of mine actually gave me the flowers to put in it...it's actually a hanging basket but when I put it into the opening of the trike to see if that size pot would work I fell in love with it there so I left it!


Here's the metal flower that my mom got us in memory of Emmalee.


An old freezer basket I had...I thought it turned out cute.


Don't you just love the yellow ones with the purple centers!


I planted these flowers in old enamel wear bowls that I had gotten from Jon's grandma Hedvig.

I just love the pink and green together!


Our hanging basket by our front door


Look Lynne! My bleeding hearts came back! Aren't they so pretty!

Some other very cool flowers that I have no idea what their name is...but aren't they pretty!


I didn't do anything special with these...just put them in the bowl in the container I got them in...I guess I finally got lazy. I just love the way impatients look like little roses when they bloom.

Do you see our little hummingbird?! I guess he's liking our new bird feeders!


My rock garden and flower pots


Our backyard landscaping...doesn't our grass look great! Jon has worked very hard on it to make it look this good!


Jon cutting his cake...would you just look at that thing! And yes...it did taste as good as it looks:)

My mom and dad...aren't they cute!

Sam and Britt...picture perfect!

The birthday boy and his very blessed wife....man...I love this guy! He is the best! Love you Jon!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love all your flowers. They are so beautiful! We need to get together some time when I come through MN!

Brittney said...

Holey moley! That's a lot of flowers! I can't even keep my small pot thriving :( They look great - the whole back yard does.

P.S. I think that is not a good vantage point for me in pic - yikes!!

Candie said...

The flowers are beautiful. We will be praying that your meetings will be blessed. How exciting!! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you.

admin said...

that hanging basket is gorgeous! My husband is great with plants- we don't have a yard (or grass!) here in Manhattan, so it's dreamy to look at your backyard! :)

PS Can I add you to my blog list on my blog? You've got such a great blog!

-Carmine

Alison said...

Hi, I am one of your cousins from over here in Montana. Your site was passed on to me after you had Emmalee. I can't begin to understand all you have been through and I admire your strength and attitude through it all. We are hoping for the best for you in the future.

Your flowers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing. We are a little behind you here in our Northwest corner of Montana but things are starting to bloom. You can check out our blog at www.hugsfromus.blogspot.com. It's a great way to keep in touch!

Thinking of you, Alison

P.S. I am a granddaughter to John C. I remember seeing you and your family at many reunions. ;)

Anonymous said...

See...I told you gardening was fun!! Everything looks lovely and very "happy!"
Love you bunches,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi everything looks great!! The rocket shaped plants you didn't know the name for are Lupins. It would be nice to see them all next week as we are coming to Minn, but Britt has us on a tight schedule! We'll see. Lynne

Judy Gelderman said...

Hi Ali and Jon,
Love the flowers and your blog! Flowers are a little piece of heaven to me. Keeping you in our prayers.
Love you,
Judy Gelderman
P.S. It was fun to read the comment from Alison in Montana.

Emily said...

wow! the flowers were so great. I have a little envy...my deck is empty. I can just enjoy yours!!! I love how your back yard is looking! so great!

AND you are taking great photos! good job! You have some wonderful shots of you and your hubby. Lucky you. Take care and enjoy the fruits of your labor!!!

Anonymous said...

Ali and Jon-
What a beautiful yard and your flowers are fabulous. It must take awhile to water them - although if you are like us, we've had so much rain that I don't even have my hose out yet! What a sweet family - love all your pictures - that you for sharing your lives. This is a great way to stay in touch
love you both so much,
mary

Karen & Chad said...

Your blog page is beautiful and so are your flowers. love you!