Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Well would you look at that!

**When I posted yesterday I forgot to thank you all who have written us lately...I thank you for all the e-mails and Facebook messages...I am going to try real hard next week to write back to all of you but for now I wanted to make sure I thanked you here...thank you for all your great words...they mean so much to us! Okay...now you can go ahead a read the rest of my post... :)

Look who got all wild and crazy on you! It's me! I figured out how to change my blog! I are smart! ha! Well look out now...now that I know how to do this it might be changing all the time! Or not...we'll see. Anywho...just thought I'd jump on here today and play around a little. I've been wanting to do it for a while but it just has seemed to be so busy...but...we finished our last home study meeting today and turned in all of our paper work so...yea....we are part way done! That feels like a huge load is lifted off my shoulders...there was so much crazy paperwork and it feel like you have to jump through so many hoops but I know that it will be worth it! Now we just have to do some workshops, go to a couple more meetings, create our Dear Birthmom letter, and create our picture book....which I think that will be fun to do...or maybe I'll stress over it...yeah...maybe a little...I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to something like that...but it will be fun. This whole process of adoption is really exciting and scary all at the same time. Right now it seems like a lot of stuff to do but then in a month or so we'll just be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. So if any of you out there know of a mom who isn't quite ready to raise her child, please pass on our information to her...we'd love to meet her! After I get my scrapbook done I'll try to take a few photos and post them on here for you. Moving on...we had a fabulous weekend. My time down in IL was super fun catching up with Adam and Katie and getting to know Lucas and Emily. Lucas wasn't too sure of me at first but by the end of the night I even had him sitting on my lap for a bit. Thanks for a great Friday night guys! Our trip back on Saturday was fun...it's always a good time when I'm with my mom and dad. We stopped at this cool little market...they had a greenhouse and a natural foods market all in one...I wish we had more time to spend there but I did manage to pick out some really pretty flowers. I'll post some pictures on here later of them...once they bloom a little more. And Memorial Day was good...we pretty much cleaned our house to get it ready for the home visit today by our Adoptive Parent Counselor (we passed by the way!)...but we did take a little time in the afternoon to go fishing with one of Jon's buddies and his son. And that's about it. Nothing too exciting! Well I'd better get going here...Jon is on his way home and we are off to go get our new couch and loveseat! Our carpet looks great by the way...maybe I'll post a picture of that too...some other day. Here's a few pictures from my mom's 50th Birthday for you now...sorry mom...I was a little late in getting them on here (her birthday was March 31st!). Have a great week!
Mom with her basket of 50 things!
Make a wish!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look! You are just the creative one! You must take after your father!! And thanks for not putting up the embarassing birthday pictures...although I'm not quite trusting they won't show up somewhere sometime! Glad the home visit went so well today; just another thing to cross off the list! Love you guys so much...
Mom

Above Rubies said...

I heard the song on the radio today about ..."I have a God who is holding me" and I thought of you, said a prayer for you. For contiinued healing and for your adoption process.
The new blog page looks great and it's good to see you and your husband smiling!
I pray you feel God holding you!

Aimee

Mark & Jennie said...

really pretty - I like it! Each time I hear about you & Jon going through the adoption process, I get so emotional...it just seems so right! You are parents, through & through and I can't wait to meet the little one(s?) who are meant to be held and shaped and loved on by you two!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!! How did you cut all those flowers on the Cricut and get them on your computer?? Anyway, when you're ready to start your birthmom's scrapbook, let me know! I would be willing to let you borrow whatever I have!

Annette

Candie said...

I love the new look! You are so creative. So glad that the adoption process is going well. We are so excited for you and Jon. Can't wait to see the child that the Lord brings into your life.

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy!
Haven't checked in lately and when I did today, look how beautiful your page is! I love it!
We are praying for you and the potential adoptions! Very excited for you and we'll really be praying that God will work things our His way in His timing!!:)
LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali and Jon,
You two are amazing! I am excited for you and the adoption process you are going through. I know that can be stressful. I have a friend who just adopted a baby after never being able to have a child and they are so happy with her. I'll find their blog and e-mail it to you - you would like to see them. You know you are LOVED! Hey, I might get to see you the end of July - we'll be passing through. Your mom knows - I'll be in touch when time is closer. LOVE YOU, mary

admin said...

Hi! Love your blog- I went to IWU with you and I am excited about your journey into becoming adoptive parents! Best wishes, guys!

-Carmine (Blinn) Bortner