Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Writers Block

So I'm trying to work on our "Dear Birthmom Letter" but I'm having writers block....I know...hard to believe huh! So then I realized it's been a while since I've written on here so....here I am! Just a quick update on what's going on in our lives. We are officially done with any meetings we have to go to for all the adoption stuff. We now just have to write our letter and then make our picture book and then turn it all in. The whole letter writing thing is not easy. How do you tell all about yourself and all that you like to do in one letter. And it's kind of a funny thing...you feel like you are marketing yourself to a potential birthmom and something about that doesn't necessarily feel right. But I'm just going to pray about it and pray that the right words would come out and reach the one woman who is suppose to be our birthmom to our baby. So I guess you could pray about that for us too:) I'm hoping to have all this done by the first of July but then I realized that that is only in 2 weeks and they make you write 3 different drafts of your letter before it is finalized so we'll see if it gets done by then...I hope so. Also, I realize that some of you may have questions about all this adoption stuff that I haven't answered yet so please feel free to leave a comment and I'll try to answer any questions. Moving on...about 10 days ago (or so) I saw on Steven Curtis' website (or his managers blog) that they were looking for pictures of dads with their little girls to play on a slide show with the song Cinderella for Father's Day (on a side note...that song came out when we were pregnant with Emmalee and Jon always said he was going to dance with her to it...well...it's one thing he's now looking forward to doing in Heaven...and we also know all to well the lyrics..."all too soon the clock will strike midnight (or in our case...noon) and she'll be gone"...). Well I decided I would send a picture of Jon holding Emmalee in and see if it made it...guess what...I checked today and there it was! So head on over to www.stevencurtischapman.com and see it for yourself...the whole slide show is about 4 min 25 sec and Jon and Emma's picture is at the 3:40 mark. It was just so cool to see...for me at least:) They did a very good job and it's very sweet to watch...I think you all will like it. Let's see...oh...our pastor has been doing some great sermons lately so sometime I'm going to post the link on here so that you can listen to them as well...they have been awesome and very inspiring...but I'm looking at the clock here and realize I better get back to work! Please also be in prayer for us on Friday...this is my would be due date with the boys...in all likely hood they would have already been here with us but this date just seems to be looming over me lately. It's going to be a hard day but we'll make it through. My sister-in-law, Annette, asked me to go shopping that day so that will be fun and it will help take my mind off of the day for a bit. And I realize that I haven't posted on the other site for a while and I do intend to get back but I've just been processing some things and I'm not ready to write them yet. But I do plan on writing something on Friday so we'll see. Well thank you in advance for any prayers you send up on our behalf...we greatly appreciate them. And if there is anything I can ever pray for you please leave a comment or send me and e-mail...I would love to return the favor! Talk to you all later!

7 comments:

Brittney said...

Loved the post... we watched the SCC video... I was crying... that is so cool that you submitted that beautiful picture. And with the song... yeah, no hope for me not to cry!!

Will be thinking about you guys this week especially... and don't worry about the birthmom letter too much... you are a great writer and I'm sure the right mom will see your and Jon's personalities shine through!!

Anna said...

That's so great that the pic of Jon and Emmalee was used in the slide show. I will definitely go check it out. Will be thinking of you on Friday. I knew your due date was in June, but I've been wondering what date it was so I'm glad you posted in advance about it. Definitely will be praying for a gentle day for you and Jon.

I'm sure your letter will work out great and I will keep that in my prayers as well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Jon! What a treasure to be included in the video. Cry, cry, cry...that's all I'm doing this week and this video didn't help! And I know you look forward to the day you can dance with Emmalee in heaven!

Much love,
Annie

Anonymous said...

when we were with you guys you made it easy to forget for a time all your heartache. I am praying for you both this weekend. I think once you get started your letter will just pour out of you. I would think in this day and age they would have a video or something. Good luck! Love Lynne

Livy said...

I don't actually know you but I went to school with your brother Sam. I have been reading your blogs for some time now (as well as the rest of my family) and just want to say how amazingly strong the two of you are. I, myself gave a baby up for adoption 3 years ago in May. He is with a wonderful family and i know that you are going to be that family too and your little blessing will come before you know it. Anyways, I hope everything goes well with your letter and good luck with everything.

Brittney said...

I love when bloggers answer your questions... and even though I could ask you in person, other people have asked as well so I figured I'll just add a few questions here and maybe everyone can see the answers. :)

Do you think you'll be there for the delivery? I suppose it depends on the birth mom's preference, but do a lot do that?

How soon after they are born do you get to take them home?

If you decide to adopt multiple times, do you do the paperwork and meetings again, or is that all a one-time deal?

I think that's all I've got! :) Oh and I hope they are not allergic to cats because I am ready to BABYSIT! :)

Love you guys!!

Courtney said...

Hey I just saw this quote on my friends facebook page & immediately thought of you & Jon. Hope you like it too!

"Childbirth is an act of nature. Adoption is an act of God."

My friend heard it on a movie. :) Hope all is well!