Monday, March 21, 2011

North Dakota

Okay...I have to confess...when I posted the last time (about all of Natee's toys) I really did mean for that post to be a lead in for many more posts...because I was going to get really good at this blogging thing again...and then...I failed! Life got...well...busy...again...and here I am...a good couple of weeks behind! Our little corner of the world is good...well...except that we lost a dear family member...Maralee's (Jon's mom) cousin, Richard, passed away after fighting cancer for a year...it was so sad to get the news that his fight was over...cancer is such a nasty disease...I hate it and I hate how many people it has taken from my life and I'll just leave it at that. When we got the news we decided to take a road trip out to North Dakota for his visitation and funeral. There were 7 of us in our Honda Odyssey...and I can't believe that we didn't feel totally cramped in there...we all did a good job packing (and if you know me you know that packing light is not my gift...I like to pack for all the "just in cases!"...but even I did good!) and we got settled into our places and away we went! On the way out it was nice because we stopped about 8 hours into our trip (in Bismark) and spent the night there...then we only had 3 1/2 hours to go the next day...but on the way back we did the whole thing in one day...and I can't believe how well Natee did...she was a trooper...she slept a little...but not as much as I thought she would. She had her moments of crankiness...but so did I! Richards service was so nice...they had a little family service the night before and everyone could share memories of him...and then the funeral the next day...Richard will definitely be missed by everyone that knew him...he had a smile that was so great and if you ever saw it you'd never forget it! I know that his family would appreciate your prayers as they start their grief journey so if you think of them, feel free to lift them up. Well I'd better end this post as I hear someone talking upstairs...it's time to start the day! Have a great one!
This is the barn on Maralee's farm...isn't it just cool! I wished it was closer so I could live in it...this has got to be one of the coolest barns that I have seen!

Cowgirl Natee!

Annette and Natee dressed alike...I think they called each other while they were packing and planned it that way! haha! Also...I don't think her hat was on right...her head looks so tall in this picture and she definitely has a round head! :)

Natee making new friends...and hoping she can score some of their orange! :)

Cool girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you blogged again! And the barn is very cool...it's the perfect barn in my book!! Thanks for all the Natee time this weekend...LOVED IT!!

Love you!
Grandma Annie

admin said...

she is WALKING now?! how did I miss that update?!

A and Z said...

My husband and I have suffered many in-vitro losses and miscarriages, and have decided to go through the journey of adoption. I stumbled upon your blog, and am so impressed by your faith, strength and bravery. You are an inspiration to me. Amy
PS- Your daughter is ABSOLUTELY adorable!