Monday, May 4, 2009

Long time!

Wow! I am an absentee blogger! Well as most of you know April turned out to be a very busy month for us. As if it weren't enough that April was the one year mark for us of Emmalee's birthday and her going Home day, I switched salons, we had Easter, we ran up to Brainerd for an art show, celebrated my father-in-laws birthday and we started a very exciting process...but I'll get to that later. I want to thank you all for your many many prayers on our behalf. We are doing good...God is good all the time. I know I say that a lot, but I also want you to know that I believe it too. So...a little recap of our month:


Emmalee's Birthday: I've already written about it on our other blog but we had a wonderful day full of flying kites, releasing balloons, feeding our faces on hamburgers, hot dogs, and of course, birthday cake, and just remembering our sweet girl.


Ronald McDonald House: The day after Emmalee's birthday we went down to the RMD House and fed the families there. If you have a House near you I would really encourage you to get involved with it, whether it be serving a meal or just donating something as simple as toilet paper (but donating treats is much more fun!). It is just so gratifying and we personally know how wonderful it is to come "home" to a warm, home cooked meal! And don't forget to save your pop tabs!





Easter: We had a wonderful Easter. We were at the farm and my whole family was able to join us as well! The kids of course loved their Easter egg hunt (put on this year by Auntie Gretchen)! The pails they are holding I made for them a few years ago for their egg hunts...I still can't believe they like to use them! Some of them look like they are in need of a little TLC...I'll have to get them fixed for next year!

Marguerite's Salon: After all that happened this last year I just felt like I needed a change. So I moved salons. It was a hard choice, as everyone down at Trippers Clippers were so good to me, but I made it and so far things are going really good. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting settled.

Molly's Art Show: Molly is the 8 year old daughter of my dad's cousin, Debbie. Molly has been taking art lessons (I think she's pretty talented for only being 8) and she was able to have her own art show at a gallery in Brainerd. Molly told us that she had created a piece of art work in memory of our Emmalee, Owen and Cooper but she wanted to know if she could keep it to show at her art show. Well of course we had to go up there and see it, so along with my parents we made a weekend of it and it was a lot of fun. Above you can see the painting she did for us. She depicted all our babies as angels and they all got their own clouds! And I love the picture of her showing Jon her art work. He really liked that painting and she was telling him how she did it. I think he convinced her to to one for him! And then the picture of my mom with Raggedy Ann and Andy...it was really cute...plus my mom is so photogenic that I had to include this picture!

Emmalee's One Year in Heaven: As with Emmalee's birthday I have also written about this one on the other blog. We had a great day remembering Emmalee and we had a lot of fun with these ladies at lunch! (Emma's nurses)

Jim's 70th birthday: Jim turned 70! I think he only looks like he's turning 49! We had a barbecue for him out in the shop and of course there was cake there too! Here he is standing next to one of his Oliver tractors that he is working on restoring. He even just got himself written up in a magazine with one of his tractors. Pretty cool!


So that was our month in a short recap. Oh wait...I did elude to something else. Well...you see these two people:
well they are excited to tell you that they have started the Adoption Process! That's right...we have always felt that someday we would like to adopt and so we figured...why wait. Let's get going on it now. We are very excited...and a little overwhelmed (there is so much paperwork!) but we are well on our way. We have had one of our home study meetings so far and the next one is scheduled. We still have few months before we get our letter put into "The Book" for birth mom's to see and hopefully pick us. But we couldn't be more excited to see how God is going to build our family.
And I mentioned this on the Feldman Baby blog but I am going to use this blog for our day to day activities and use the other one as a blog where I can write down my thoughts and feelings on our journey thus far...and write about our babies of course...but it's going to not just be Emmalee's blog anymore....I'm making her share it with her brothers...after all...she should learn to share:) Well thanks for making it this far into the post. I hope you all have a great week and I hope I become better at keeping this blog updated!

6 comments:

The Athearns said...

Thanks for the update! It's always good to read about how you guys are doing and what you are up to. I am so excited for your news!! You two are amazing parents and to think that there is a child out there who can be blessed enough to call you their mom and dad is pretty great!! Can't wait to see who God has picked out just for your family.

Anonymous said...

Ali and Jon - thanks for the update. We are praying for you, and how exciting! We're here for you if you have any questions about the process or just want to talk!

Love,
Matt, Sarah, Frankie, Joann, Michelle and Kayla

Candie said...

We are very excited for you guys! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. We will keep the adoption process in prayer.

Meghan said...

Ali and Jon,
Congrats on starting the adoption process! My older sister adopted a little guy when he was 15months old (he is now 5!) and they have had a great experience. I think keeping the door open to how God wants to use you is awesome. I know you guys will be great parents, you have the main foundation a belief in God and love to share! Keep us posted. Meghan

Mark & Jennie said...

I finally read this post today - I'm so excited for you! I know this is a huge step for you & Jon. Praying for you as you begin this journey! Keep my posted!

admin said...

Congratulations! We'll be praying for you as you continue the adoption process :)