Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hey all! I thought I'd better get on here and give you all little update! But first...let's take a vote...how many can believe that we are already into 2010?!? Crazy! I had to write it for the first time the other day and it totally threw me off! Why you ask? I don't know...it just did :) Anyway...on to the real news of why you all check this blog :) Well...we really don't have any new news to share with you regarding the baby. We've talked to our counselor and we've done the cooperative agreement...all the birthmom wants is pictures and letters twice a year until the baby is 18 (and at that time we will no longer be referring to he or she as a baby...or...maybe we will :) ). She, the birthmom, also had wanted to have a say in the name but over the last few days she has decided that that really isn't too important to her. We had decided that we would give her a list of names that we liked and she could let us know if there was any that she really didn't like or if any had any negative meanings to her...so we are trying to get what we want...please her...and have our baby's name have some meaning all at the same time...we'll see what we end up with :) And we still don't have a specific date as to when the baby will be born...we are still being told that her doctor said he'd induce her sometime the last week of January...they'll do an amnio on her to make sure the baby's lungs are developed...so even if we do get a date it could change if the baby's lungs aren't quite there...and we don't want any trips to the NICU so we will wait patiently if that's the case...sure hoping not though...would love the baby to come out as soon as possible :) The birthmom has a doctor appointment on Monday we are told so maybe we'll know more then...from what we understand the birthmom is thinking that the baby is already pretty big so I think she's anxious to get this little one out as well. Could be as soon as 3 weeks! Or I guess even less than that! Crazy! Well...I don't know anything else that I can think of and I'm not sure I could possibly use anymore :) in this post :) Oops...guess I was wrong :) Well I hope you all had a great New Years and here's to 2010! Cheers!

Oh yeah...and a few mentioned that I should add a poll to the side so we could keep track of what everyone's guesses were...so...go over there and guess away! :) So far from what I hear from all of you I think we are about split...half of you think a boy and half think girl so the poll will be fun to see how it really averages out...

7 comments:

Candie said...

So excited for you! Can't believe the baby will be here soon. Will you be there for the delivery or will they call you to let you know to come take the baby home? Praying that the baby will be healthy and that the birthmom will have a smooth delivery.

ElisaBeth said...

Very excited for you and the baby that is going to join your family! Can't wait to find out if it is a he or she. :)

Anonymous said...

So Excited for you guys! The end of Jan is coming so fast! All I can picture Ali is my mom's face at the hospital when we picked up my adopted brother Devin. We were all so excited. I think the nurse was getting annoyed though because Mom was so engrossed at getting to meet this precious baby she really was having a hard time listening to all the stuff the nurse was trying to tell her :)
We are praying that in a short time your arms will again have a baby to hold!
I vote for girl!
Cayla

Organized Nutrition said...

I am so excited for you!
I know you have NO IDEA who I am but I have been following your blog for months! I am not even sure how I got to it or when, but I guess since I am a Minnesotan I feel attached...LOL!
Anyways, I am sitting here crying in joy for you guys and will begin praying for your baby to arrive safely and that the adoption will not have any issues! GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY IN 2010!!!!

Candie said...

Okay, I had to leave another comment. It struck me the other day about what you said about picking out the baby's name. You know God already knows the baby's name and has known it for a long time. Isn't that awesome!! So don't stress over the name, it will be what it will be. Blessings to you both.

Sarah said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU! We're adopting a son, and his due date is February 9th! A C-section has been schedule though for Feb. 2. How cool is it that we're both (Lord willing) going to receive out newborns around the same time?! Looks like 2010 is shaping up to be a beautiful year. I will definitely be praying for you in the coming weeks. As for my guess - I'm going to say "boy" :)

admin said...

Wow I just read your post and that is EXCITING news!!! I'm so happy to hear about the baby and I bet you're just giddy with excitement! WOWOWOWOW!!! :)