Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's getting closer!

Well we did get a call from our counselor that our birthmom's appointment went well on Monday. And they have decided that next Monday or Tuesday will be the day that the baby will be born. We don't know many details (like why it's Monday or Tuesday) but we do know that it will be next week! Our counselor seems to think that they said either day because maybe they have a lot of ladies getting ready to deliver so maybe they are making our birthmom call in on Monday morning to see if there are already a lot of women in labor that day already...but our birthmom only sent her counselor a text message with the message that all went well at the appointment and the date will be either next Monday or Tuesday...so not too many details for us...which is fine...at least I have a day to look forward to! By this time next week, Lord willing, I should be holding a snuggley little bundle!
I want to thank you all for all the advice you gave me from my last blog post...it's been fun reading your comments and e-mails...a lot of stuff I hadn't even considered! If you think of anything else let me know!

This last weekend we had fun...we went over to WI to a benefit (Pins for Porter) for a family we met when we stayed at Faith's Lodge....Brandon and McKenzie lost their little boy, Porter, in January last year...he was only 5 weeks old...a few weeks later we met at Faith's Lodge and we are so glad that we did...we have remained really good friends since then and I see our friendship lasting a lifetime! Anyway...they had a benefit in memory of Porter (it was a bowling event...get it...Pins for Porter...I thought it was pretty clever!) and all the money was then donated to Faith's Lodge in his name! Pretty cool! We had a really fun time and everyone that helped put it on did a great job! Jon and I said we couldn't wait for next year 'cause now we know everyone and it will be even more fun! We even got to meet the founders of Faith's Lodge (they lost their baby girl Faith...she was stillborn...after that they had the idea to open up the lodge)...they just happened to be in the area and stopped in to the party Brandon and McKenzie threw after the benefit...pretty cool! And hi Johanna...have you made it this far into my blog...is it getting too long for you yet?!?!


McKenzie and me at Pins for Porter

And I thought I would throw a couple pictures on here for you...I had a little extra fabric left over from when I made my quilt this fall so I thought I'd try to make a couple burp cloths...they turned out alright...I figured they didn't have to be perfect...they were just going to wipe up spit-up any way :)




And then I thought I would put a picture of my stroller on here...I'll get a picture of the baby's room as soon as the baby is using it...I should probably put a picture on here of what the crib looked like these last two years...we had all the memorabilia from the kids in there...it was a pretty sweet place to go and reminisce...I don't know where I'm going to put that stuff now...I think I'll put that picture on the other blog...hopefully I'll get to that soon...but for now...here's a picture of my stroller (I took the picture off of a website) that I spent way too much on but I'm planning on getting a lot of use out of it and I love it...so there :)



Well I hope you guys have a great week and I'll let you know more details as I get them! Oh yeah...one more thing...all my clients out there...could you send me an email:
That way I make sure I have your e-mail addresses in my address book so I can let you know any updates that I have regarding when I'm coming back and all! Or I can call you...I just thought it would be a good thing to have your e-mail addresses :) Thanks!
That's it....take care!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I read the line about the birth mom getting induced next week about 3x. I can hardly believe the time is coming so soon for you both! I am so excited for you and will be praying all goes smoothly in delivery and transition into a family of 3!!!!!
And I was reading other peoples advise and babies come with so much gear but I have to agree that the baby bouncy seats are quite nice. (esp if your home isn't large :) because you can move them around so easily.
Cayla

Candie said...

Can't believe the baby will be here next week! How exciting!! Nice stroller, the three wheeled kind are so easy to manuever. I have some hand-made burp cloths that you are more than welcome to have. They have hardly been used. Let me know.

possemom2 said...

I am so glad this wait is nearly over! Your stroller is awesome! I had a pram style for walks in town and it was great. Waiting to hear more!

Mark & Jennie said...

love, love, love this friend! praying for you so much!!!!

Stephen and Michelle said...

That is SOOOO exciting...only a few more days!!!
Michelle

Jessica said...

Ali & Jon,

What an exciting time! I am praying that God will work out all the details of the adoption and that it goes smoothly. That the baby will be healthy and thanking Him that He has knit this baby together in the womb in a wondrous way. That according to the riches of His glory God may grant you to be strengthened for all the challenges ahead as you adjust to care for this little one. And praising God that He has also adopted us as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ!

Love,
Jessica