Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Busy Easter Weekend!

We had a very busy weekend! Saturday my sister-in-law Britt and my Aunt Suzi threw Natee and I a very nice baby shower...Natee sure did get spoiled...with all the presents and with everyone paying so much attention to her! :) Thank you to everyone that was there...it was a lot of fun...and the gifts...well...they were all too much! Thank you! And thanks for throwing it Aunt Suzi and Britt! While we were there Jon got the opportunity to go to the TWINS game with my dad, Sam and my Uncle Doug...they had a blast. Jon says that the stadium is really impressive and really nice but still not sure about not having a roof over his head...it was a beautiful day that day but on rainy or cold days...still not sure it would be fun to sit outside! We got way too spoiled with the Dome!

Then of course Sunday was Easter! It was our first official holiday as a new family! It was sure fun getting Natee all dressed up and then trying to figure out our outfits to somewhat match hers! :) Our Sunday service at church was amazing...made you long for Heaven just that much more...it's going to be great! And just to throw my opinion out there...there has been a lot of talk of end times and the world coming to an end in 2012...well I don't necessarily believe in that...I do think that this world will come to an end someday...I know that Jesus is coming back and we will be raptured if we believe in Him...I don't believe that it will be in 2012 for sure because it specifically says in the Bible that we do not know the date or time which it will happen...and I don't really get into all the end times stuff 'cause I don't think it does us any good to just focus all our attention on it...because...like my mom always told me..."you're own personal rapture could happen at any moment, so you'd better be ready!" So that's just my opinion on it...we need to be ready to meet our maker at any moment...whether it's during the rapture/end times or whether it be in death...so I just keep trying to live my life for Jesus and pray that I do a good job for Him here on Earth so that when I get to Heaven I will hear, "well done good and faithful servant!" Okay...I will again get off my soapbox...Easter is just a good reminder for us all of what Christ did do for us so that someday we will have life everlasting with Him...and what a good life it will be!

After church we went to the Feldman's and had Easter dinner and our annual Easter egg hunt...it's so much fun watching the kids get into it! Next year Natalee will be running around too...that's hard to believe!

Okay...on to pictures of this little cutie!














Jon's mom gave her this headband and flower at her shower the day before and it matched her dress perfectly! We couldn't believe it! Let's just say she was a hit at church 'cause she looked so stinkin' cute with that big ol' flower on her head!


She was enjoying talking to her cousin Lily



All the kids with their Easter buckets...I made them these pails years ago and they still use them! I had to fix a few this year (probably should have fixed a couple more...oh well...next year) and then of course I had to make Carter and Natee their buckets!


I love her face here...like...I'm not really sure what's going on here and I'm not sure I should like it...and by the way...who is this kid that's laying on me! ha ha ha!


Can you tell it was windy out! But I thought it was a cute family picture anyway!

Another family picture...you can't tell that we are happy can you?!?!?


Jon's mom and dad: Jim and Maralee

Jon's sister, Gretchen, and her family: Dave, Greta, and Julia

Jon's sister, Annette, and her family: Todd, Lily, Luke, Levi and Logan
I love how this picture turned out...I love the angle and the blue sky up above...I did get a closer picture of them but this one is by far my favorite!

Jon's brother, Matt, and his family: Chris, Ella, Jack and Carter

Okay...I think I overloaded you with pictures so I will quit for now! How was your Easter? Hope you all have a great day!

8 comments:

Anna said...

Natee is so beautiful. I love the Easter outfit especially the headband! Glad you had such a good Easter!

Oh and I totally agree about the 2012 stuff.

Anonymous said...

Never an overload on the pictures. Was so good to be with you...love you all much! Aunt Suzi

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures! You all look so happy!

Anonymous said...

The blue flower will have to be a tradition that Natee will have to hand down to her daughters to wear someday!! It's the greatest thing ever!

LOVED all the pictures!!

Big hugs to Natee today!!
Grandma Annie

Michelle M. said...

Beautiful photos! I love that headband :)

I also really liked the quote you gave from you mom: "you're own personal rapture could happen at any moment, so you'd better be ready!" That is the right perspective to have, in my opinion. May God continue to bless your family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures and the commentary! I have to say there has never been one couple for whom I shed tears at the sight of their family Easter picture. How precious, Ali, how precious and what a testimony of God's goodness. Your baby girl is beautiful and I did love the Easter flower! I love you all and hope one of these days I get to see you!!
-mary g

The Swartys said...

Don't know if you noticed but there was this huge blue object that seemed to be trying to swallow your daughters head?! I hope she survived, I will be waiting for the new show, "When blue things attack" to see if you are on it. Take care, keep safe my lil Nat

Alison said...

What a beautiful family picture of the 3 of you!

HugsfromaMontanacousin!