Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"I have a God who's holding me"

I just got in from running some errands this morning and I just felt the need to come right to the computer and just jot a quick note for all of you. This last week has been so hard. I cried most of the way home today from town. I'm sure a lot has to do with the weather. I don't know about where you live but here in MN it has been gloomy and gray and rainy for the past three days. And I think that can do a lot to a persons mood. Plus this last week I have just felt like I have had spiritual attacks coming at me (I don't mean to weird any of you out that don't believe the way I do or believe that there can be spiritual attacks...I'm just writing what I believe and trusting that I can write this without you thinking I've gone off the edge:) ) I just feel like I am being tested even more and it's hard and I would really covet your prayers. I feel selfish even asking for them because I know everyone has their own problems but if you have a couple seconds could you throw in a few for me...thanks:) So on my way home I had the radio on and a song came on that I have heard before but I don't know who sings it...and the only real line I heard was..."I have a God who's holding me"...it was the last line of the song and I was obviously meant to hear it. And it did stop my tears. He knows everything...everything I have endured, everything I am enduring, and everything I will endure. And He's holding me...the whole time. Thank you Lord Jesus. So I kept on my way home...I drove by the cemetery and gave my kids 3 honks...and now I'm home to finish my cleaning. I still have a very heavy heart and I know these next few weeks are going to be real tough...next few months for that matter. I just thank you in advance for any extra prayer time you might have for me. Love~Ali



Oh yeah...got the test results today. Nothing really looks out of the ordinary...so that's kind of frustrating. She said the only thing that looked a little out of the ordinary was that the placenta did have a little Group B Strep growing on it, but that is naturally found "down there" and could have cause this to happen but most likely not. The Group B could have also only found it's way to the placenta after I had dilated and gone into labor and might not be the cause of anything. The placenta also was a little inflamed, which is a sign of infection but who knows. The only thing she thought was it could have been an ascending infection that would have caused me to go into preterm labor but it might not have been. So that is a little frustrating...sometimes you would just like to have a cause so that you can try to prevent it next time! But it also is another reminder to me that this was all in God's plan (who knows why)....maybe it's good not to have a reason...then I can't blame myself for not catching it. Yeah...that might be good.

10 comments:

Mark & Jennie said...

Hey Ali, just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you & against the enemies attacks. I believe they are real, but I also believe in our Sovereign Lord's authority over anything thrown our way. Praying for divine courage, strength, endurance and peace during this time. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post......we'll keep you in continued prayer.......such a hard season. Yes attacks can be real and the devil does like to kill, rob and destroy, but Praise God...He is bigger and stronger than those attacks! I'm praying for sunshine! You could use a mighty big dose! ~About the test results, I think you are right...just leave them and know that YOU aren't to blame. It's easy to beat yourself up and that's just another plan from the enemy. Hang in there........Spring is a time for new beginnings.

hugs,
karla and crew

Brittney said...

I am so sorry to hear its been a rough week... of course we will continue to pray for you and Jon. I believe the spiritual attacks are real too... I went experienced some myself the week the twins were born... I wasn't feeling peace, I was feeling doubt and anger... not sure if that's the same as you're experiencing... but I know all of my weaknesses were being exploited. I didn't communicate that at the time to anyone but Sam, but yeah, I know its real, and it sucks.

Just know all of us who aren't in your shoes continue to be amazed by your strength and trust in God's plan. I pray for peace, especially as you approach June, and better weather - it has been a downer!!

Anonymous said...

Here is a verse for you,
"I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
Isaiah 42:16
This verse has been a comfort to me this week. My struggles are so different from yours but I feel like my life....well lets just say our paths are anything but smooth, but the Lord promises to change that!
I seem to be spending an extra lot of time in prayer this last week and I will definitely continue to be praying for you too!
Cayla

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

Praying extra hard for you today Ali...thanks for always being so open and transparent. God is using you in more lives than you'll ever know...love you girl!!

Julia (Noelle) Fisher
Shatford :)

Aimee said...

Ali,
I have only recently come across your blog. I read a comment you posted on Jonah's mom's blog and my heart went out to you. I wanted to know more about you and your loss. I have been praying for you often. I miscarried twins myself about a year and a half ago. They were due in early April and as that time approachs thoughts of them fill my mind. I had never experienced such deep heartache and yet I know it does not even compare to what you and your husband have faced, first losing sweet Emma and then your precious boys! I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you.
God IS the God of all comfort!

The Sigler Family said...

Yes, God is holding you. The snow is almost gone and the birds are already singing His praises. My love and prayers are with you and your family, as well.

Emily Proctor said...

Hi Ali,
Just a song that came to my head...goes along with your thoughts that you shared. Thanks for sharing your struggles. (I often am touched by songs and I truly feel that's one way God reaches into our hearts and minds!)You are allowed to have gloomy, blah days. Hang in there---here's the lyrics:

Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He over watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches (I know He watches)
I know He watches me

MJ said...

Hi Ali,
I'm praying for you to be comforted in the arms of God and through your friends and family(say hi to your mom!). These attacks happen to all of us and are talked about in the Bible so don't feel like it's unusual.

I pray that you will see the goodness of God in the midst of your suffering:

"Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3

I've read from this blog before and you might benefit from a young mom who lost a baby at birth:
http://thepipers.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/what-does-grief-look-like-at-17-months/


love and prayers,
maetta

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog from Angie's. I have read both blogs from start to present. I am so touched by your journey. And I am in awe of your God given strength. I will pray for peace and protection for you and yours. If you ever need a complete stranger to pray with you.. you can find me on my blog, email, or facebook.

Tests, at least in my case, did nothing but give me more questions and more avenues to let the enemy creep in and find blame in myself. I don't know if that makes any sense at all.

I just hope that you know that you are not alone. Our Daddy is carrying you. And you are blanketed in prayers... you can just add this chubby pastor's wife to your warriors.

Blessings,
CeCe