Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Weakness I will be made Strong

Hey there everyone! I was going to post yesterday but don't you know it...I got the stomach flu! And even though I was only laying around all day and doing nothing I didn't have the strength to even type out a blog entry! I hate feeling weak! And I hate feeling sick...let's just get that out there as well! But today is a much better day and so here I am. Being sick yesterday got me to thinking about what I would write today. It brought be back to the verses our pastor shared with us on Sunday. It hit me then but I think it hit me even more yesterday. Here they are:

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surprisingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Weakness...no one wants to have it. We all want to be strong...we all want to be the best that we can be. We don't want to let on that we are feeling weak or inadequate...and we don't want to let on that we can't do something. Well let me be honest with you. I am weak. The only reason that I am doing so well is that God is giving me this super-natural strength to help me. Because of Him I am surviving this great loss. Without Him I know that I would be a mess. I went back to work this week. I know that without God in my life, I would not have. I hear of people not being able to get out of bed. I do...everyday. I get in the shower...I do my hair...I put on my makeup (well almost everyday...I splurge on my foundation and I was running low so I wanted to conserve my supply until I could get to Macy's and get more...I got it...I now put on my makeup everyday!)...and I get on with my day. My days are hard, filled with a lot of memories and tears that come real easy. Sunday was hard...I was on the verge of tears all day. And Jon was also in a funk that day too so it didn't help. We are a hurting couple. But through this all...through our weakness...God is making us stronger. He is shaping us to be the people He wants us to be! So I can totally relate to this verse right now...when I am weak, then I am strong...because of Him! It's in His Good Book so I know it's true! Well I know that I haven't shared many pictures of the boys with you so I'd like to today. I hope you enjoy them!

Our family picture...Owen is closest to Jon and poor little Cooper's face is getting covered...but like someone told me...that's how baby's are! This picture kind of shows you just how little they really were!

This is Owen...he definitely had the longer of the two heads....Cooper's was more round. But both of them were definitely Feldman's! They both had the Feldman lips!
This is little Cooper. I had these picture of both of the boys because I wanted to remember how little their ears were! I know...kind of silly...but they are some of my favorite pictures of them. They look so peaceful! But they should...they were being cradled by Jesus when these pictures were taken!

12 comments:

Gene and Annie said...

Oh, they are so beautiful! What beautiful little features they had and thank you for sharing these precious photos with us! Our hearts are with you at this time and please know that we are praying for you! May God be your strength!
With love from a fellow IWU alum!
Annie Luidhardt

Brittney said...

Thanks for sharing. Sorry you were feeling tough yesterday... something is going around.

Isn't that amazing how you can see the Feldman mouth while they are so small?

Anna said...

The pictures of the boys are beautiful.

I love your post. I feel the same, that without God I wouldn't be able to get through this. Your faith is so inspiring.

The Athearns said...

The boys are so precious and just beautiful. Thank you for sharing those pictures with us!

Anonymous said...

It will be really nice to have these photos to share with all your family in the future. I pray we can all remember to be weak so we can feel God's power and Love! Lynne

Michelle M. said...

Owen and Cooper are both so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing these photos with us all. We are praying for you and I think of you so often. You are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hello! You do not know me, but I found your blog through Sondra Bontrager's and others. I just wanted to say that you and Jon are amazing. Your faith inspires me and my heart breaks for you guys for the many losses you have experienced. I lost my husband to cancer almost 7 years ago and nothing even compares to losing someone you love. But you guys both seem to have the right attitude. Instead of turning my back on God during such a painful time I chose to lift my hands to Him and say I don't understand God, but I still love You. Very much like what you guys have done. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you both. Life will go on.....I'm now remarried and expecting my second child in May. My first husband and I had a child together also. She was 6 months when her daddy passed away. God bless you both! Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Anonymous said...

I just want to say "Thank You" for letting me be a part of that very hard day, but also very special day. I feel blessed to have held those two little boys, Owen and Cooper.
I see what you mean about the Feldman lips . . . definitely Grandpa Jim!

Jodi said...

Wow....those are 2 beautiful baby boys. Thank you for sharing them. I continue to lift you up in prayer. Jodi

Unknown said...

Ali,
Thanks for sharing that Scripture passage. I really needed to hear that again. You are in my prayers.
Judy Gelderman

Candie said...

What beautiful pictures. It took my breath away to see just how perfect they were even though so small. What a wonderful God we serve that He created those precious boys in His image. Isn't that amazing! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures with us. Praying for you always.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog each time gives me such an overwhelming feeling, seeing your strength through this whole thing - 2 times (well,3). I believe that maybe this is your gift Got wants you to share with so many others that are hurting. There is a reason for everything that happens, and only God knows right now what that is. Someday we will all understand. I loved seeing the boys and you & Jon holding them. You are all precious. Thank you for sharing this precious gift with all of us and letting us into your world to share it with you.
Love, Pat and Janet Kruse