Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 20, 2011

It was a beautiful day...a hard day...but a beautiful day. It was the day that we got to meet our little Oliver Davies Feldman...what a beautiful boy he was. He was so tiny, weighing in at only 2 oz and being 5 inches long. But he was perfectly formed...from his tiny little hands and feet, to his little eyes, his tiny little nose and perfect little mouth...it was so precious...he had his little hands and arms tucked up around his head...like he was sleeping on them...just like I do at night...I guess he was a little like me...but really...you could tell already that he was going to look like his daddy...those Feldman genes are strong! We were so glad that we were able to tell if he was a boy or a girl...because we really did want to name our baby...they said that if they couldn't tell at that time then they would run a test with the genetics to be able to find out...I'm so glad that we knew yesterday...it just made the time that we spent with him even that much more special. We decided to name him Oliver Davies after two of our favorite doctors that we have met down at Mayo. Both of them are so special to us and both of them have just been so good to us...giving us great advice and council and both have just been there for us and we trust them completely. Dr. Oliver was one of the doctors that we had with Emmalee (our rock at that time...we always looked to him when other doctor were telling us what we should do) and Dr. Davies has been our doctor with all of our babies...he's the one we see on a regular basis...he had us coming in every two weeks just to check on everything because this time he was going to get us a baby to take home. Well...we all know how that turned out...it wasn't in God's plan again this time...He has other plans for us...and He had a plan for Oliver's short life too...all 119 days he lived inside of me. We know that we'll see an impact from his life someday...it may be in Heaven but we know that his life was not in vain.

I'm going to close this post for now...I'll write more of the details of yesterday some other time but for now I just wanted to tell you a little more about my littlest baby boy...he really was sweet...I wish I could have kept him a little longer.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Ali and Jon,
Your sister/sister-in-law, Candie, sent me an email asking me to pray for your family. I have prayed for you and will continue to as God brings you to mind. I trust it will be at moments when you need it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I read your last post, and I'm also inspired by your faith. While it hurts so much to have to let go so early, it also provides a rare and beautiful opportunity to experience God's faithfulness in a genuine and tangible way.

My losses have been so painful and yet so beneficial in my life. I pray as you walk this road of sorrow once again, that you will be filled with the hope of God's perfect plan for you and your family.

I know it's a little foggy and unclear right now, but PRAISE GOD it will be perfectly clear when we hear from Jesus - PRAISE GOD we WILL KNOW someday. In the meantime, we can only continue to trust Him (the word "only" seems wrong here - what a privilege to trust Him).

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tenderly,
Lynnette
www.lynnettekraft.com

Matushka Anna said...

I'm so glad you were able to see and hold and spend time with your little boy. He was exactly twice as big as my boys! He sounds perfectly beautiful and I know he was much loved and will be missed terribly. May God continue to comfort you and hold you until the day you meet again in Heaven.

Pam said...

Hi Ali & Jon,
I found your blog, and have read all of your posts. We are so sad for you and want you to know you are in a lot of prayers for comfort.
It is so difficult to understand why your new baby, Oliver has been taken from you. Your faith is amazing and a witness of compassion and loving strength to all of us who know you.
As sadness is with you now, may the life of your two adopted children give you all the tenderness you so genuinely deserve.
A big HUG!
Pam & Tom

clcjmillerfamilyblog said...

He will for sure have an impact. Your story and support when I lost Myah was so great. Please know I would be happy to help you! I am praying for you daily.

May the grace of God fill your life and bring you through this trial.
Hugs,
Carre

Amazing Love said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
bell and ross replica watches