Monday, December 19, 2011

Three little words...can say it all

"This just...(long pause)...sucks". Those are the words that came out of my doctors mouth on Friday after he came in to confirm what the ultrasound tech (and us) had just seen on the monitor one minute before. As he ran the ultrasound wand over my stomach my heart couldn't stop beating hard and fast...our baby, who was so active 2 1/2 weeks ago, was still...with out a heartbeat. It hardly looked like a baby, as it was all curled up and lifeless...I couldn't believe what I was seeing...and I could stop the tears from coming...why God why?!? I don't understand...I really don't. I still don't as I am writing this but I do know the One who is in control and I trust...even in the hard times...I know there is a plan...even if I don't particularly care for it! Our doctor talked to us about our options...we are 17 weeks along in this pregnancy and so we could either opt for a D & E or induced delivery. He sent us home to think about it over the weekend...he didn't want us making any rash decisions. To be honest it would be so much easier to just get put under and have the baby taken out...but the procedure is kind of invasive and the baby doesn't come out whole...we wouldn't be able to see or hold him or her. So...we have decided to do induced delivery. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was really nervous about this...I don't know how it's all going to go...how long it will take...how painful it will be...if there will be any complications that will end up requiring surgery anyways...there is so much to think about...I'm going to drive myself crazy! Also, we don't know what the baby will look like...they are so delicate at this stage and so I just pray that delivery is gentle on him or her. I feel like I am just rambling now because of my nerves so maybe I'll just stop and just ask for prayer...just pray for wisdom for all involved and for the peace and strength that I know only God can provide. I'll keep you all posted.

29 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

I am so very sorry, Ali. We will definitely be praying for all of you...
Michelle

Brittney said...

I'm so sorry Ali.

diana said...

I'm so sorry Ali. Thinking of you and praying.

aliciamarie911 said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Ali. I definitely agree, this just sucks! Prayers to you and your family.

Erin Schmidt said...

Ali, I am so heartbroken for you. I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. You and your family are in our prayers. I so admire your strength and your total faith that God has plans and purposes beyond our understanding.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Meghan said...

Oh no. I am so so sorry. I know God has a plan but it still stinks. I cannot fathom the pain and disappointment and I will be praying for your family. I am giving you a big HUG.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't believe it. You and Jon will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you and what you must be going through. I'm praying hard for you and your family.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry. Praying for you.

clcjmillerfamilyblog said...

Ali, I am sick with pain for you. I too know that God has a plan and no matter if we even knew that plan it would not change the hurt. I am praying for a quick deliver and that the baby is as perfect a can be. God will heal your pain... keep your trust in him.

Emily Joy said...

Ali, I am heartbroken for you. I will be praying for you all. Your pain now on earth will increase your joy in heaven when you are reunited with your children.

christine mcdermet/ janssen said...

(Sigh).....Oh Ali..... I don't even know what to say. And even through it all you remain faithful and spirited. I could never be able to handle what you and Jon have gone through. Maybe that is why I am living the life I have, because He knows how strong we are and what we can handle. It still does not make any sense or isn't fair in the end. It still is not easy nor will it ever be. Love you Ali and I wish I was close enough to squeeze you tight.

Michelle M. said...

We are praying for you, Ali. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Lord have mercy on you all.

possemom2 said...

I don't know what to say. We are so sad for you. But God has blessed you with an amazing faith!Lynne and Dave

. said...

I'm a friend of Michelle M.'s and just wanted to tell you that my heart breaks for you and your family. My family will be praying for you all in the days ahead. May God grant your family peace and comfort during this time.

Matushka Anna said...

I came over from Michelle M.'s blog. I'm so sorry. My heart just sank when I read her post. But there's an extra reason why.

I found out on December 1st that our baby no longer had a heartbeat. He was 13 weeks. I was devastated partially because I lost his brother in April at 13 weeks as well. A D&C was the obvious choice but I delivered my first son at home unassisted and wanted to be able to hold and see my baby. I chose an induced delivery. My son was born last Monday. He was beautiful and we held him and loved him until we buried him Thursday. My heart is still broken and will be for a while. I'm trying to trust that God is still in control of all of this and that he's not doing this on purpose to torture me.

I miss my little boys terribly, especially now that it's Christmas. I know that one day we will be together, but the "right now" is so hard to get through. I'm clinging to the feet of Christ.

You have my deepest sympathy and prayers. Lord have mercy.

rebekah said...

I am so very sorry.

the mombergs said...

tears, sympathy, love and strength to you all.

Mimi said...

I am so very sorry. Memory Eternal.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Another reader from Michelle M's blog. Prayers.

Mel said...

My heart just ACHES for your loss! We had a still birth (37 weeks) April 9, 2010. It was the most gut wrenching experience we had ever gone through. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. I know you don't know who I am and we've never met, but we are sister's in Christ. I feel your pain.

Open Air said...

Ali, I am so, so sorry. There are no words. I've been reading your blog for almost two years, but I'm not sure if I've ever left a comment before. You inspired me to pursue the adoption of our daughter after we lost our twins and then lost two more babies after that. I am just heartbroken that you have to experience this all over again. Praying for strength and peace.
((Hugs))
Beverly

Candie said...

Oh Ali, how my heart breaks for you. Please know that we are praying for you and your family.

roxsandlecroy said...

Prayers for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

We love you guys!!!!

Evavolds :)

Matushka Anna said...

I read on Michelle's blog that you delivered a little boy. I hope you are able to have the time with him to cherish him. My prayers are with you. May his memory be eternal!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Ali. Been thinking of you and your family and sending lots of prayers.