Thursday, December 8, 2011

Due for an update...

I figured I was due for a real update...not just pictures...so here's a little of what we have been up too...

Lately we have been trying to get the perfect Christmas picture...don't know that it is going to happen...we tried it the other day when it was snowing...I like them but the snow is a little distracting...then we took some when we got Jon's family together for a group shot...but everyone looks a little cold...oh well...next year I'll just have to get my butt in gear and get a picture taken in the fall...of course that wouldn't have worked for us this year anyway seeing as though little Bennett wasn't in our lives yet. Which I don't know if you know this or not, but we are so so glad that he is the newest member of our family...we are all so in love with him!! But back to the pictures now...here are a few of them that are in the running for the official Christmas card picture...not sure which one I am going to use yet...feel free to voice your opinion...but don't feel bad if I don't choose yours :) hahaha!
















And then like I mentioned we took a group shot of Jon's family and the other day at church we took an impromptu picture of my family...I guess we all were a little behind this year...God must have done that to us because He knew that Bennett was coming into our lives :)










And Miss Natalee is doing great...she loves Loves LOVES her baby brother...she is always wanting to hold him and kiss him and rock him and help feed him and get diapers and wipes...she really is a good little helper for her momma! The only thing that she is doing now that we are going to have to stop is now that baby has a nuk (or a paci) she thinks she needs one...so we have to be careful where we leave them or they end up in her mouth...but the other day she came around the corner and this is what she looked like:




Too cute isn't she! She got those big glasses from one of the ladies in town and she loves them! hahaha! Other than loving being a big sister she is also talking more, expressing herself more (in good and bad ways) and really starting to copy what you do...so I have to be careful!! She is a delight...even when she is naughty (I swear the terrible twos have already started!!) and I am so blessed to be her momma!






Bennett has been a very good baby...we had him into the doctor last week and he is in the 93% for length and 80th for weight! So I guess everyone was right when they kept telling me that he is a big boy :) He's a very good eater (most of the time) and a pretty good sleeper...we've had two nights in a row this week where he has slept through the night! Last night it was 4 a.m. and I still thought that was pretty good...at least they are nice long stretches at night and he only gets up once in the night (if at all!). He's really starting to smile and coo and watches his sister very closely! All in all he's doing good and I'm sorry...I have to say it again...we are so blessed!


The picture below was after one of our photo sessions...he was worn out!!




Lately I have been thinking about Emmalee, Owen and Cooper...their lives and our time with them have just been replaying in my head a lot...I miss them so much and yet when I see the blessings of Natalee and Bennett that God has given me here on Earth I am reminded that this was all part of the plan...I was meant to be Emmalee, Owen and Cooper's mommy but only for a short time here on Earth...their lives were meant to touch others but they were never meant to stay...Natalee and Bennett are the ones that are suppose to be here in our family...they are the ones that I am suppose to be taking pictures of all the time and posting to the blog...they are the ones that will always be in my Christmas pictures...but...I can't help but miss my other babies. I always will...simple as that...their memories will always be fresh in my heart and mind...but it doesn't mean I have to dwell on the fact that they are not here...God has seen to that...He has blessed me beyond measure and He is really keeping me busy with my kids :) The other day we were singing "Blessed Be Your Name" at church and I think this was the first time that I sang it and I didn't start to cry...especially by the time you get to the words: You give and take away...you give and take away...my heart will chose to say...Lord Blessed be your Name. It is true...He does give and He does take away...but He doesn't leave you during that time...and for us...He didn't just leave it in the taking away...He also gave to us...and the blessings that He is giving to us...well they are more that we could ask for or deserve...sometimes God does take away...but when He blesses...sometimes He really blesses...






you see....


















I am due....


















at the end of May....

















a beautiful blessing...isn't it?!?! :)









More details to come later...but prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby would be greatly appreciated :)

18 comments:

Jenny Severson said...

Congratulations Jon and Ali on your new additions and wonderful blessings!

Meghan said...

Oh Ali! Tears of joy for you guys! I love all the pictures and I love seeing the snow! It is just starting to feel like Christmas here because it is getting colder. I think all your family pictures are great. Once you have the kiddos you settle for less than perfect because they are adorable anyway. I am praying for your little bun in the oven and energy for you guys!

possemom2 said...

Tears of joy from me too! We are so happy for you all! And i like the 1st pic. Lynne

Anonymous said...

Ali, I was already crying and then was sobbing by the end! Even as a young girl you were a strong, caring and a super sweet girl. I commit to keeping you and your family in daily prayer! Merry Merry Merry Christmas, GOD IS AMAZING!!

Wendy Gale

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That is amazing news!!! Congrats to your family. You have been truly blessed! :)

Stephen and Michelle said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! That is so super exciting. I will praying!!!
Michelle

Ps...picture #1 and #3 are my favorites :)

Mandy Cavaliere said...

I'm sitting here at my desk at work sobbing! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy.

diana said...

I have to stop reading your blog posts at work -- they seem to bring tears so often lately! Tears of joy -- great joy! Praying for you to have a healthy and easy pregnancy!!

Samira said...

Wow!! The photos are beautiful! And what a blessing!!! - I will be praying for you guys.

Ryan and Alison said...

MAJOR GOOSEBUMPS!! Your blog is inspiring. We'll be praying for your family!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ali...I am so so happy for you! God is so good. Thank you being such a good inspiration to so many. What awesome times await you! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. God's Blessings to you all!
Love, The Schultz Family (Jackie, Shane, Tannis and Hailey.

Michelle M. said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. We will be praying for you and the precious child growing inside of you :) Your family is absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...MY...GOODNESS!!! I was totally not expecting that!! Congratulations!!!!!! *HAPPY TEARS*
Oh and I vote for the 1st pic!!! :-)

Erin Schmidt said...

So excited for you and your family, Ali! We will be praying that all goes well. God is so good!!

Courtney said...

Congrats!! You all will definitely be in our prayers!!! I am SO happy for you & your growing family! I like pics 1 & 3 the best...I think #1 for the cards b/c it is an up close shot :) but you need to frame #3 for your house too!! Merry Christmas!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations on all your blessings. Praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

What multiple blessings !!! God is good, all the time. God Bless your family.

Candie said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news...praying for you and that precious baby in your womb.

I like #4...the Cannon River looks so pretty with the snow. Send some down our way!