Friday, December 30, 2011

Quick Update

Hi there!

I've been meaning to get on here to give you all a quick update on how we are doing...but the week has gotten busy and gone by quickly...which I guess is a good thing :) We are doing good...some days better than others. We've been just getting back into the swing of things of every day life...Jon went back to work this week and I've been at home with the kids. I think they both got a little spoiled by us both being home last week...Tuesday was quite the adjustment...and a very long day! haha! Physically I am starting to feel better...I was just having such bad cramps for awhile there but they are seeming to go away which is nice. So all in all I would say we are doing good...which is in huge part to all of your prayers...its so wonderful knowing that there are so many lifting us up in prayer at a time like this...I have said it before and I will say it again...you all will never know how much this means to us :) There are just times you feel like you can't pray for yourself anymore and it's nice to know that others are doing it for you :) We are going to have a little memorial/graveside service for Oliver on Saturday at noon out at Valley Grove...I think it will be a nice time to just remember him and lay him to rest. We are going to have my uncle say a few words and my grandpa and then just put him next to his siblings...Jon is actually going to dig the grave this time...and as we did with the boys and Emmalee we will do the burying as well...with Emmalee Jon just picked up a shovel and started doing it...and then with the boys all the men there took turns...it turned out to the be the hardest thing I've watched and the best thing all at the same time...all of them were just taking care of us and our babies...it was a very neat experience...so we are going to do the same thing this time as well. You can be praying for the day...that it will be nice (it is suppose to be in the 40's on Saturday) since we will be outside for a little while and that it will be just a nice time of remembering sweet Oliver's life...I know it will be hard and tears will be shed but I'm also praying that it will just be peaceful. Well I'd better run for now. Again thank you and if I don't get on here before Sunday....Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Michelle M. said...

You have been on my mind a lot, and I'll continue to pray for you, especially on Saturday. May God grant you peace.

possemom2 said...

I'm sorry you have to go thru this again. We will be praying for you all. Lynne

JenniK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Agnieszka Rucińska said...

Szczęśliwego Nowego roku 2012 dla Ciebie i całej Rodziny. Pozdrawiam

Richard and Pam said...

So sorry for your heartache, Ali. We will be thinking of you and your family on Saturday. Love you so much. Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Love you both, praying for you always, but especially on Saturday! Praying God's peace with wash over both of you.
Mike and Cayla

Kaitlyn said...

I just cannot imagine how hard it will be to do this again. I hope you get nice sun shine to warm up the day for you. I will be thinking about you and your family.